WHO WE ARE
Mallorca Preservation Foundation (MAPF) was established in 2017 with a primary objective of safeguarding Mallorca’s stunning natural beauty and promoting environmental excellence. Its overarching vision is to foster a sustainable future for the island, wherein the local community flourishes in harmony with the protected natural environment.
MAPF accomplishes this mission by actively soliciting donations from individuals and entities who share a profound concern for the island’s welfare, while also providing support to local organizations dedicated to preserving, conserving, and promoting the island’s sustainability. The foundation places particular emphasis on key areas such as marine conservation, organic farming, the advancement of environmental education, and the promotion of sustainable development.
A Steering Committee (SC), comprising of founding and actively involved donors, directs the strategy. They analyse and approve grants and use their personal networks to broaden the base of supporters. The SC members have a wide array of backgrounds and interests but all share a passion for the environmental protection of Mallorca
Our local team consists of one person as the local Executive Director in charge of day-to-day management and coordination work on the ground, assisted by advisors and the SC.
Native Mallorquin, our director grew up in the island where she developed a strong environmental awareness that forms a strong part of her personality. As a child, Ana had a deep interest in nature and became a passionate activist for sustainable initiatives to protect her homeland.
With a degree in Biology and Biochemistry, the protection and preservation of Mallorca is a great responsibility that Ana assumes as part of her daily life, loving and caring for a land that she deeply believes in.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Maria, a Marketing graduate, brings her expertise in Digital Media and Communication to promote MAPF’s initiatives and amplify its visibility. Her dedication to preserving the natural splendor of her hometown serves as a driving force behind her work and inspiring her creativity.
Despite having lived abroad and relishing the opportunity to explore new destinations, Maria’s deep attachment to Mallorca remains unshakable, as she firmly believes that no other location can match the island’s unique charm. Therefore, safeguarding this special enclave through concrete actions is of paramount importance to her.
Coordinator of the Mallorca Sustainability ObservatoryFor Marc, environmental awareness is the interplay between a love for the land and one’s daily actions. He runs an eco-design and engineering studio, despite having studied Psychology and Political Philosophy. Marc has spent several years working on international cooperation projects.His father, an astronomer, inspired him to cultivate a discerning eye. As a member of the Spanish Association for Environmental Impact Assessment and a consultant for UNESCO, his passion lies in marine restoration, local products, and the island of Mallorca.
How we work
·To connect those who love and rely on a place, with those who are working to protect, preserve and restore that place.
· To involve, empower and strengthen local communities through a bottom-up integrated approach aimed at creating long lasting change, bolstering civil society and building capacity.
· To support local initiatives and identify the framework and skills needed to tackle specific local environmental problems.
· To collaborate with our global network with access to piloted and proven solutions.
· To mobilise funding by encouraging those individuals who aren’t always the ‘usual suspects’ to get involved and support their local environment.
· To leverage co-funding opportunities with larger foundations, national or international organisation.
· To provide a proven and transparent channel for donors to support their local environment.
· To create neutral alliances of relevant stakeholders, fostering collaboration among civil society